Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Timing Is Everything...

Timing really IS everything.  I’ve always been fascinated by time.  I’ve come to believe it’s a convenience God created with us in mind, to help understand why things are as they are and how our actions have consequences.

But if timing is everything, then how do we know when the time is “right”?  I’ve been playing a waiting game with the Lord for a while.  It’s been pretty frustrating, honestly.  I hate waiting.  But looking back, I can see that God has truly used the time to heal my broken places and bind the wounds that life has inflicted.  But now that the bones are mended and the cuts have left only faint scars, my mind starts to wonder… When will it be MY time?

When is the “accepted time” to seek Him?   The verses referencing an accepted time all have one thing in common.  Trouble.  Flood waters, the mire, the pit, when people hate you… that is the time when He should be sought.  That is the time He may be found.  He knows our needs, and He knows our pain.  His divine hearing is attuned to our cries, and when we are in the proverbial flooded, miry pit, He will hear, answer and come through.  He has certainly done that for me.  Now, I’m ready for my song of deliverance.

Yesterday evening, as I was praying (and, in all honesty, maybe, just a little bit…whining to God) about time again, He sat me down for some study time.  In looking up verses on “accepted time,” I found all the references to fear and trembling, to rescue and deliverance through times of pain, and I asked God yet again… But when is MY ACCEPTED TIME? I’ve been waiting.  How long, Lord?

Patience, my child.  A few verses later, I found a gift…the only reference to an “accepted time” in the New Testament.  It was in II Corinthians 6:2: “For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 

Yes, God’s timing is perfect, if you are brave enough to wait… and I believe so strongly that before too many more days have passed, He will whisper in my ear, “Now…”

1 comment:

Katy said...

:) Wow... I love this... NOW is time to step out on the water... Love you!